July 11, 2013
As you may have noticed from the West (Mountain) collection there may be several photos on one state. Funnily enough none are in this collection.. doh! That may change however in future travels.
There are a couple of reasons for multiple photos on one state:
1) There are multiple entrances to any one state and I drove through them. ehm Anahit that goes without saying. Listen hear sarcastic voice in my head! I wanted to say it butt out! Pay no attention to these two instead read number 2.
2) Sometimes the signs are artistically different
3) A difference in perspective can be wonderful
4) A close-up shot may be needed as well as a landscape shot
5) Or because I felt like showing you more sign porn. You’re welcome. (wink)
Region 3 (South)
Division 5 (South Atlantic) Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida
District of Columbia – aka Washington D.C. is a federal district, not a city or state. The states of Maryland and Virginia each donated land to form the district. Now you know this for when Jeapardy comes on the TV.
I am missing the Maryland and District of Columbia signs. I checked and D.C. does have a sign too.
Besides driving in a car and taking quick snap shots, wordpress compresses the photos when they are uploaded. Please forgive the quality and instead enjoy a free ice cold beverage, that is, beer porn on me.
© 2018 Wanderfemme | Theme by Eleven Themes